We suggest you use the
Resin standalone web server option first.
If you need a specific feature of another web server,
you can later configure Resin to work with that web server.
- Quick Start
- Resin Web Server
Resin provides a fast standalone web server.
In our benchmarks, it serves static pages faster than Apache!
For many sites, the standalone web server is ideal because of its
performance and because it is easier to configure and maintain than
using a separate web server.
- Resin with Apache
Configuration for Resin with Apache
- Resin with IIS
Configuration for Resin with IIS
- Installation Details
- How the Plugins Dispatch to Resin
When used with another web server, Resin serves JSPs and Servlets
and the other web server serves static content like html and
- How to start Resin when Linux Boots
- Installation FAQ
- Where can I put .jar files so that they are available to all of my web applications?
I have some jar files that are used by all of my web applications.
- What happened to bin/resin?
With Resin 2.1 used to run make; make install and then use the binary bin/resin to start Resin, but in Resin 3.0 I can't find the binary.
- How can I bind to a port under 1024 and still run as a non-root user?
I want to bind resin to port 80, but my operating system only allows
root to bind to ports under 1024.
- Can I run multiple instances of Resin on the same machine?
One instance is for production, one for deployment testing.
- Why do I get `can't connect to parent' after installing Resin?
- What happened to exception-type='connection'?
In Resin 2.1 I used an exception-type='connection'
with to specify the page to show when IIS or
Apache could not reach the backend Resin server, but that does not work any
- IIS 6 will not serve .exe files
Everything seems to work, except that for every file with a .exe
extension I get "HTTP 404 - File not found".
- Installation Scrapbook
A repository of notes and comments that will
eventually make their way into the documentation. Please
treat the information here with caution, it has often not been
- Mac OS X startup script
|Copyright © 1998-2005 Caucho Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.|
Resin® is a registered trademark,
and HardCoretm and Quercustm are trademarks of Caucho Technology, Inc.