It may be possible to deploy a web application to a live server
without interruption to service if certain conditions are met.
- The session objects for your users are being persisted.
- The usage of session scoped objects between the old version and the new is compatible.
- The usage of application scoped objects between the old version and the new is compatible.
- Database schema changes are not required.
Resin allows you to have a backup instance running. The idea is that
this backup instance of Resin takes over if your primary Resin
instance goes down.
If you are using a load balancer to distribute your load to multiple
primary servers, each primary server has a backup server.
You can use this feature to deploy to a live server without
interruption of service.
- shutdown primary server(s) (backup server(s) takes over)
- deploy new war to primary server(s)
- start primary server(s). As soon as the primary server starts,
the user will be using the new version of the application.
- deploy new war to backup server(s)
TODO: links to load balancing, backup server
TODO: migrated to doc|jsp|compile
|Copyright © 1998-2005 Caucho Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.|
Resin® is a registered trademark,
and HardCoretm and Quercustm are trademarks of Caucho Technology, Inc.